What is Facilitation?
There are times when groups are not engaged in a conflict, but desire a working session to brainstorm ideas and solutions to achieving a specific goal. The group may have a shared desire to achieve a certain goal, but experience hurdles when deciding the proper steps to take to reach the goal. This group would benefit from the involvement of a neutral third party, to help guide them through a group think process called Facilitation.
The facilitator would help the group be their most creative, productive and effective selves. The group will brainstorm solutions together, discuss them in detail, select the best options, and then develop an agreement about how to proceed. Just as in mediation, the session is voluntary, confidential and informal. Professional facilitation enables managers to focus on the mission of the meeting rather than the timetable.
Our facilitators conduct through informational meetings with the manager of the group, to gain an understanding of their needs, expectations, the group’s purpose, project objectives and goals. We also work together to determine the key decision makers, a process agenda, ground rules, and the method(s) used to track the group’s progress. We work with groups to facilitate effective communication, maintain focus on the process, and achieve collaboratively desired goals.
If you think your group would benefit from our facilitation services, do not hesitate to contact us.
Walter Reed Army Medical Center Re-Use Plan Workshops Washington, DC
- Assist District of Columbia and Ward 4 stakeholders in conducting a good and productive discussion about the issues and plan for the re-use of a portion of Walter Reed Army Medical Center Campus.
- Guide assigned action team through the meeting process to develop plans for implementation of short and long term actions.
Envision Prince George’s 21st Century Town Meeting Landover, MD
- Assist participants in conducting a good and productive discussion about the issues and goals regarding the future of their community.
- Guide assigned action team through the town meeting process to develop plans for implementation of short and long-term actions.
Comprehensive Health and Social Science Master Plan Process (SSMP)
Alliance for Human Services Miami, FL
- Facilitated the Immigrants & New Entrants SSMP project subgroup.
- Assisted group with developing outcomes to meet one of the primary goals of the Alliance for Human Services subgroup for Immigrants & New Entrants, which was to aid in the successful transition of immigrants into Miami-Dade County by promoting vocational and academic goals.
- Supervised and coordinated the subgroups efforts to promote outcomes that empower immigrants through legal services and accurate information; reduce isolation through outreach and education; and increase access to benefits.